Full Story: Mail Online 20 Nov
Mother of two who collapsed and stopped breathing minutes after applying a home hair dye kit is now in coma battling for her life. Doctors give her only 8% chance of survival. Doctors have warned her devastated husband Russell that even if she survives she will almost certainly be permanently brain-damaged.
The present condition of Julie McCabe, 38, is being attributed to severe allergic reaction to chemical para-phenylenediamine (PPD) – present in 99 per cent of all hair dyes. L’Oreal, manufacturer of the product has offered to assist the medical staff with any information that may help save patient’s life.
It may be added that PPD is banned in France, Germany and Sweden, and a U.S. study has linked exposure to it to increased rates of bladder cancer. Under EU rules, in Britain it can constitute 6 per cent of a hair dye, reports Mail Online.
Read more on the issue and be warned not to use products with PPD for the sake of your health and LIFE
[via Imposing Headlines]