Sunday, November 20, 2011

Hair dye allergy leaves mother in coma

Full Story: Mail Online 20 Nov 

Mother of two who collapsed and stopped breathing minutes after applying a home hair dye kit is now in coma battling for her life. Doctors give her only 8% chance of survival. Doctors have warned her devastated husband Russell that even if she survives she will almost certainly be permanently brain-damaged.

The present condition of Julie McCabe, 38, is being attributed to severe allergic reaction to chemical para-phenylenediamine (PPD) – present in 99 per cent of all hair dyes. L’Oreal, manufacturer of the product has offered to assist the medical staff with any information that may help save patient’s life.

It may be added that PPD is banned in France, Germany and Sweden, and a U.S. study has linked exposure to it to increased rates of bladder cancer. Under EU rules, in Britain it can constitute 6 per cent of a hair dye, reports Mail Online.

Read more on the issue and be warned not to use products with PPD for the sake of your health and LIFE

2 comments:

Mishi said...

This was so informative ..Thank you so much for sharing it here....My mother does the Hair Dying like every 3 months..This will be helpful ..I will look for this PPD thing in her Product...Thankz:-)

jalalHB said...

Thanks Mishi - I hope this post creates awareness among its users

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes